Applying to DWS
Students are admitted to Deerfield-Windsor on the basis of their school record/transcript, teacher recommendations, academic testing, and observation or interview. The applicant's talents and extracurricular interests are also integral parts of the admission profile. The admission process begins in the winter when we begin accepting applications for the upcoming school year.
The admissions procedure for Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade includes the following:
- Complete the online application.
You must register as a user to begin the process.
- Submit transcripts of previous schoolwork, if applicable.
- Complete the admission test.
To receive a paper application, please complete the online inquiry form.
The normal testing date for admissions is in the winter of each year. However, dates can be arranged when necessary. K4 must be four years old on or before August 1st.
Generally students are not accepted for their senior year only. However, in the event of a newcomer to the area or an area student who would be an asset to the school, acceptance in the twelfth grade may be considered.
Please review the following for information needed for each division.
Pre-Kindergarten students must be four years old on or before August 1st.
Once a completed application has been submitted, pre-kindergarten students will be invited to attend a play day at the Lower Campus. These play days are typically held in February.
Kindergarten students will participate in a testing process as part of the admission process.
Applicants will be contacted by the school to make appointments for play days and testing.
Applicants should submit:
- A copy of the student's transcript from school currently attending.
- A copy of the most recent Standardized Test Scores.
- A records release form
- The applicant's Math & English teacher should complete the recommendation forms.
- These forms should be sent by the teacher directly to the Admissions Office.
- When will I be able to enroll my student?
- What kind of payment options do I have?
- Is financial aid available?
Yes, financial aid is available. Deerfield-Windsor administers its financial aid program in accordance with the principles and practices of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS). The school offers a limited amount of financial aid based on a family's need as determined by School & Student Services (SSS), a service of NAIS.