Scholarships are awarded each spring to two exceptional students, one entering the 6th grade and one entering the 9th or 10th grade in the coming fall. The Honor Scholarships are presented to students who are not currently enrolled at DWS. These full tuition awards remain in place for middle school or high school as long as commendable academic and conduct records are maintained.
- All candidates must be enrolled in the 5th, 8th, or 9th grade at the time the application is made. No candidate may be a current or former student of DWS or sibling of a former Honor Scholarship recipient.
- All candidates must present themselves for academic testing and personal interviews at specified date and time.
- The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic potential, academic achievement, personal qualities, and other areas of talent.
- The scholarships are based on the merit of the student, not the need of the family.
- The scholarships are for the 6th, 9th, or 10th grade, but may be renewed annually upon satisfactory progress in all areas of school life.
- The DWS Board of Trustees’ Scholarship Committee decides the winners of the awards.
Applications are due February 22, 2017. Honor Scholarship testing is Saturday, February 25, 2017. Apply online today.