This exciting program allows Georgia state income tax payers to redirect a portion of their state tax dollars to scholarships for capable, deserving public school students seeking a quality private education.
You or your approved business or trust can receive a state tax credit and a federal charitable deduction by redirecting your Georgia income tax dollars to this program.
- Married filing jointly up to $2,500 per tax year
- Married filing separate up to $1,250 per tax year
- Single or Head of Household up to $1,000 per tax year
- C Corporation up to 75% of their total tax liability
Step 1. Redirect your tax dollars to GOAL
You may complete the process of applying for DOR approval by completing the GOAL Tax Credit Form online and entering an electronic signature. There is no need to print the paperwork. Instructions are of on the GOAL website, at the GOAL Paperless Processing link. This process will ensure the fastest possible method for taking action.
Or you may send the following three items to DWS Advancement - GOAL, PO Box 71149, Albany, GA, 31708:
- A completed Authorization to Process Form
- A completed TP1 Pre-Approval Form, signed by you at Part C
- A check payable to “Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program” in the amount of your contribution with "Deerfield-Windsor School" in the memo line
Deerfield-Windsor School will send your paperwork and check to GOAL who will seek approval from the Department of Revenue for the redirection of your taxes . Once approved, GOAL will process your contribution and send you an acknowledgment
Step 2. Claim the credit
When you file your income tax returns, you will receive a credit against your Georgia income taxes for the amount redirected to this program and a charitable deduction on your federal income taxes. You may still file your returns electronically if you elect to take this credit.
- GOAL will send you a Form IT-QEE-SSO1 to be filed with your taxes
- GOAL will send taxpayer filing guidance early next year and/or post taxpayer filing guidance on its website
Timing / Deadline
To qualify for a tax credit in 2013, your check must be postmarked by December 31st or before the 2013 cap of $52.3 million is reached. The sooner you apply for approval the better! In 2012 the cap was met by August 31st. We anticipate the cap to be met by May 2013.
Visit the Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program website or contact our Advancement Office or Headmaster Dave Davies at 229-435-1301 for more information.