Board of Trustees
Governance of the school starts with the board of trustees, whose function is to advance Deerfield-Windsor's mission and objectives by developing policies and long-range plans to assure the well-being of the school; overseeing the finances of the school; and hiring and managing the head of school.
School leadership must be forward-thinking. In order to sustain the school and its mission, the board identifies and studies issues and challenges that will impact the school, then forms policies to address those issues.
The board's specific responsibilities include:
- Upholding and safeguarding the school's mission
- Selecting, evaluating, and supporting the head
- Assessing the performance of the school
- Overseeing the school's financial condition
- Monitoring facility uses and needs
- Contributing to the school's fundraising efforts
- Supporting the school's programs and special events
- Serving as ambassadors for the school in the larger community
- Undertaking long-range planning to ensure the school's financial and programmatic health and sustainability