Extended Day 2019-20: Fun and Flexible
At Deerfield-Windsor School, there is so much to do after school. We offer a nurturing Extended Day Program in our Lower School, enrichment classes for students in Middle School, and a comprehensive summer camp program.
The nurturing environment that Deerfield-Windsor students receive in the classroom each day continues as they develop academically and socially in our Extended Day Program. Lower School students are allowed creative playtime on the playground or indoors, as well as structured time for homework. Middle School students engage in rotating enrichment activities and supervised homework time.
- Who does our Extended Day Program serve? We serve children from K-4 though the 8th grade.
- When is our Extended Day Program open? We operate on the school calendar year until 5:30 PM for middle school students and 6:00 PM for lower school students.
- How do I register my child?
Complete the Extended Day Program Registration Form.
Lower School: Please return this form to the Lower School Office or email to email@example.com.
Middle School: Please return this form to the Middle School Office or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If my child attends Extended Day what will I be charged? $4.50 per hour or part of an hour.
- What if I pick my child up after the scheduled closing time? If a child is picked up after the scheduled closing time, a late fee of $20.00 per 15 minutes late will be enforced.
- What is the billing cycle of the Extended Day Program? The billing cycle will begin and end on the 25th of each month.
- What if my child needs to take medicine while at Extended Day? If it becomes necessary for your child to take medication while in our care, please provide written instructions for administering, including time and amount.
- If my child misses school can he or she still attend Extended Day? If a child is absent from school, or checks out of school early, they are not eligible for programming on that day.
- Will my child be able to work on their homework? Yes, we feel the opportunity to get homework done is an important part of our Extended Day Program.
- Will my child be able to have an after school snack? Yes, at no extra charge Lower School students receive a snack each day between 2:35 – 3:15, which includes milk or juice, cookies/crackers. Fruit is served 3 times a week. Middle School students will have a beverage and fruit/cookies/crackers provided. Additionally, they may bring something from home or purchase something from our cafeteria staff.
- Where will I pick up my child? Lower School: From the Multiplex. Parents must come inside to sign students out. Middle School: From the Media Center. Parents must come inside to sign students out.