The 2018-2019 Honor Scholarship application is now closed.
Cannon Family Scholarship
This application is now closed for the 2018-2019 year.
Deerfield-Windsor awards four academic scholarships each year based on academic excellence - two for entering students and two for current students.
- All candidates must be enrolled in the 5th, 8th, or 9th grade at the time the application is made. No candidate may be a current or former student of DWS or sibling of a former Honor Scholarship recipient.
- All candidates must present themselves for academic testing and personal interviews at specified date and time.
- The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic potential, academic achievement, personal qualities, and other areas of talent.
- The scholarships are based on the merit of the student, not the need of the family.
- The scholarships are for the 6th, 9th, or 10th grade, but may be renewed annually upon satisfactory progress in all areas of school life.
- The Scholarship Committee decides the winners of the awards.
The Cannon Family Scholarships are named in honor of Chris Cannon and his family in recognition of their generous support for Deerfield-Windsor School for many years.
Students who have attended Deerfield-Windsor for at least one year are eligible to apply for this half-tuition scholarship. Two non-renewable Cannon Family Scholarships are awarded each school year.
The Scholarships will be presented to students currently enrolled in grades 9, 10, or 11. While academic record and extracurricular activities are considered in the selection process, the scholarship is primarily based on the essay written. Students enter by completing an application and by writing an essay in a supervised setting. The Scholarship Committee decides the winners of the awards.